Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Giro Expert Preview - Stage 17

Gianni Savio explains:
This is another difficult stage. It’s very, very hard but it’s also possible to come back on the last descent if you are not too far behind. I think the overall favorites for the Giro victory; Scarponi, Basso & Purito will try to do something on this stage. We won’t see who will win Giro d’Italia but we will see who won’t be able to do it.

Again it’s very difficult to pick out a certain favorite for the stage win. I think a breakaway can make it again and for this reason I will tell all my riders to try to get away in the morning. So far they have been doing a great job. Today [Stage 16] every rider I told to attack was able to get away and in the end De Marchi managed to get a good result, let’s hope it will be even better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment